Digital transformation is occurring at an unprecedented pace. It is a key driver of sweeping change in the world, improving people’s lives and creating a more connected world.
In particular the impact of digitalization and new technologies is set to make energy systems around the world more connected, intelligent, efficient, reliable and sustainable. Digitalized energy systems in the future may be able to identify who needs energy and deliver it at the right time, in the right place and at the lowest cost.
We are excited about this new era, and we believe that agile and digital savvy investors could become a key player for this cultural switch ensuring a nimble decision-making process on innovation.
This is why we founded Surge: to aggregate investors, entrepreneurs and enthusiasts who want to be part of the upcoming cultural revolution, attract innovation and avoid becoming just passive users.
Blockchain is a digital technology, included in the distributed ledger technologies family, systems that allow the nodes of a network to reach consensus on changes to a distributed register in the absence of a central body, in which the distributed register is structured as a chain of blocks containing transactions. Its main characteristics are the immutability of the register, the traceability of transactions and security.
The best-known blockchain application is the one that underlies the main cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, but the underlying technology is considered a potentially disruptive element capable of characterizing the digital transformation of multiple industrial sectors in the coming years.
Among the main areas of application, the energy sector is considered one of the most interesting thanks to the transition that the electrical system is making toward a decentralized model, thus presenting numerous similarities with the blockchain technology.
Surge’s activity in the blockchain field is spread over several fronts:
- Cryptocurrency Mining – Surge Develop, builds and operates industrial mining farms.
- Bitminerfactory.com – Surge is part of the Bitminerfactory project, who owns the largest mining farm in Italy.
- Advisory – We advise companies on how they can benefit of Blockchain and help to develop innovative Blockchain-based solutions or adapt their existing systems to this emerging cryptography-based technology.
- Blockchain Solutions Development – We develop blockchain applications, both web and mobile, including private Blockchains, wallets, smart contracts
- Solarcoiner – Surge promotes the adoption of the Solarcoin system with a credit collection service to claim Solarcoins granted Solar PV generation.
Renewable energy capacity increases faster than any other technology, as clean energy has never seen such high demand. The energy transition process ongoing that is shifting generation towards renewables and will be enabled by information technology, smart technology, policy frameworks and market instruments.
Renewable energy investors need partners and service providers that are familiar with the investment landscape at a local level, can adapt to the latest technologies, and have a clear vision of market evolution and regulations.
Renewable energy is our playground, we have been in this industry for more than a decade and we now see it as a springboard to develop new services, application and products in other sectors, given the central role of energy in the ongoing digitalization process that businesses are undergoing.
- Project Development – Development of renewable energy project in correspondence of energy intensive businesses.
- New business models – We explore synergies between renewable energy technologies and other industries to identify virtuous models, incentive schemes and additional revienues streams.
- M&A – Surge supports operators who are looking to buy or sell renewable energy projects globally, providing technical and commercial support.
Italy is one of the first markets in the world for pellet consumption (with 5 Mtons per year), most of the country’s thermal energy comes from natural gas purchased abroad.
Pellet contributes to making Italy less dependent on fossil fuels and creates significant levels of savings for low income and middle-class families.
While pellet production is an energy-intensive process and solid fuel combustion produces emissions, the pellet industry has made significant steps towards sustainability thanks to the improvements of stoves and boiler technologies and the implementation of pellet whole chain certification and quality standards.
Surge studies co-location solutions for photovoltaic systems with pellet and mining plants in order to capture the synergies deriving from the sharing of the connection points to the electricity grid, and the on-site generation of electricity required for production processes.
Surge deals with:
- Pellets Production and Trading – Developing, and operating of pellet oroduction plants and pellet distribution
- CFP Project – Integration of pellet plants with crypto-mining and solar PV plants
Platforms create value externally with digital partners and communities of users. In these new configurations, the platform is the business model. It opens entirely new paths to growth.
The present need for consistent, engaging and evolving experiences across digital platforms is both a challenge and an opportunity for businesses hoping to create a seamless and compelling user experience across channels.
Our digital platform solutions give companies the start-up advantage to move rapidly from ideas to concept to revenue, with minimum risk and cost – getting closer to customers, building connections between systems and partners and becoming more agile in the face of digital disruption.
Surge is currently working on:
- HFT – development of High Frequency Trading platforms,
- Cryptocurrencies – Portfolio management solutions for cryptocurrencies
- Energy Sector Application – B2B applications for the energy sector
We combine expertise of a technical, financial, commercial and administrative nature, and experience in the technological and industrial sectors.
Registered office: Gradoni Ospedale Civile, 11 88100 Catanzaro (CZ) – Italy
Operative Office: Via della Repubblica, 43 59100 Prato (PO) – Italy